Wholewheat Chocolate Waffles
We all are staying home and good food is the only stress buster to pull you of a monotonous routine cycle. I for once, echo the same emotions ever since we have started self quarantine. I purposely choose to invest in a good and interesting breakfast (and easy, ofcourse) to make sure it begins the day on a pumped up note. Trust me, it shall work for you as well :)
INGREDIENTS: 1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp Corn flour 1/4 cup Choco chips 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder ¼ tsp Salt
1 tbsp sugar, powdered
1 cup milk, warm
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence 2 tbsp Butter, melted 1 Banana, Chopped 1/2 cup Mango pulp
SERVINGS: 4 People
PROCESS: 1. Take a large bowl and sift all the dry ingredients - wheat flour, cornflour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt until the mixture is lump free and combined.
2. Add powdered sugar in the same and continue to mix it well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients - warm milk, vanilla essence and butter and stir it well.
4. Next, combine the two and mix them together using cut and fold technique until the batter is runny in texture. Add the choco chips too and mix well.
5. Preheat the waffle iron and brush it with some butter.
6. Pour ½ cup of batter in each cavity and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
7. For plating, top it with fresh chopped Bananas or drizzle some Mango sauce too and serve hot.