Whole Wheat Sugarfree Chocolate Banana Cake
I happen to come across a bunch of ripened Bananas lying untouched in the kitchen this morning, which led me to bake this absolutely easy and delicious dessert for my midnight sugar craving. I was short on brown sugar so replaced it with the last batch of ripened Dates of this season, along with some crushed Walnuts. The chocolate glazing on top is optional, I however couldn't resist some cocoa to feed the heart and soul!
INGREDIENTS - 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 ripe Bananas, mashed 20 Dates, pitted 1/2 tsp Baking Soda 2 tsp Baking Powder 1/4 cup Choco Chips 1 cup Milk 3 tbsp Vegetable oil 1/3 cup Butter, cubed and salted 1 tbsp Walnuts 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder PROCESS - 1. Take a large bowl and add the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and whole wheat flour in it. Mix it well.
2. Next, grind the mashed Bananas, pitted Dates and walnuts in a food processor. Ensure they are mixed well.
3. Now take another bowl and mix the wet ingredients together.
4. Add the dry ingredients into it using cut and fold technique. Alongside, pre-heat the over to 180 degree Celsius.
5. Brush some oil on the container and line it with a parchment paper. Pour the batter into it and top it with some choco chips on top.
6. Keep it in the oven and let it heat for 50-55 mins or until a pricked toothpick comes out clean. 7. Top it with some chocolate glaze if needed, and refrigerate in an air tight container for later consumption.