Pesto Pasta with Sauteed Veggies
This is by far one of the most fresh, flavourful and healthy side dishes I have made. It's super easy to make and perfect for picnics, lazy brunches and yields almost 4-5 servings within no time!
1 Capsicum, diced
1 cup Mushrooms, diced and chopped
2 cups boiled whole grained Pasta (fusilli, rotini or penne)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or crumbled feta cheese
Freshy grated black pepper
Salt, to taste
1 1/2 cups Lettuce
SERVINGS- 4-5 people
1. Bring the pasta to a boil in a pot filled with water, salt and pinch of oil. Cook it as per package instructions or until it is tender and soft. Drain the water later, reserving 1/2 cup of the stock for using later. Immediately rinse it under cold water to ensure the pasta doesn't stick to each other.
2. Now take a thick bottomed pan and add olive in it. Throw in the chopped mushrooms, salt and black pepper. Sautee it on medium flame for few minutes. Next, add in the diced capsicum and cherry tomatoes and let it cook for another 2 minutes. Season it well.
3. Next, throw in the boiled pasta along with 1/2 cup of pasta stock in it. Put 3 tbsp of Pesto sauce (recipe here) in it and give this a good mix for 5-8 mins on low flame. Turn off the flame later.
4. Now place the lettuce on a serving plate. Top it with the cooked pasta abd spread it evenly on the plate.
5. Top it with some crumbled feta or grated feta cheese. Sprinkle some black pepper or lemon juice as per your flavour preference. Serve immediately.