Vegan Meatballs With Tomato Curry
It is quite a task to scout for vegetables while the entire country is facing a lockdown. Having said that, it is also imperative to boost your immunity during this time so as to protect the body from any seasonal ailments. I happen to clean my fridge this morning and decided to use all the leftovers to make some meatballs for lunch. This wasn't very time consuming, and also turned out to be a good way of judicious use of existing resources!
INGREDIENTS - 150 gms Chickpeas, boiled
100 gms Chana Daal
100 gms Soya Granules
150 gms Spinach, chopped
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 Green Chilli, chopped
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Chaat Masala
1 tsp roasted Cumin Powder
4 Tomatoes, blanched
2 tbsp Corn Flour
Oil, for frying
PROCESS - 1. Soak the Chana Daal for 4-5 hours, and alongside mash the boiled Chickpeas into a coarse mixture with hands.
2. Next, add the Soya Granules in boiling water and drain the excess water.
3. Next, mix the Soya Granules, chopped Spinach, Green Chilli, Ginger paste, all spices and soaked Chana Daal into the mashed Chickpeas.
4. Mix all ingredients finely using hands and add some Cornflour on top.
5. Make medium sized balls of the mixture and repeat this process for the remaining batter.
6. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan on medium flame.
7. Fry the round shaped balls until they turn golden brown in color and crispy in texture. Keep them aside for later use.
8. Further, make a puree of the blanched Tomatoes and later saute it in a pan on medium flame.
9. Add salt and Red Chili powder into the curry and let it simmer on medium flame for 10 minutes.
10. Pour the curry into the pan and add the meatballs into the same.
11. Serve hot with rice or chappati.