Stuffed Green Chilli Pakora
Updated: Sep 14, 2020
A new season comes with a whole lot of local produce in India that is both fresh and delicious. One of the most special dishes that resonate with a plethora of my childhood memories is Stuffed Green Chilli Pakoras. It is only suffice to share this secret from my mother's kitchen with each one of you, and spread the joy of home-cooking. I hope you enjoy these with piping hot tea and amidst the company of the ones you love!
INGREDIENTS - 8-10 Long Green Chillies
4 Medium Sized Boiled Potatoes 2 cups Gram Flour 1 cup Rice Flour
1/2 cup Water approximately 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds 2-3 Chopped green Chillies 1/2 Coriander Powder 1/2 tsp Asafoetida Pinch of Baking Soda 1 tsp Red Chili Powder 2 Chopped Onions 1 cup Chopped Coriander 1 tsp Turmeric 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste Salt - as per taste 1 tsp dry Mango Powder PROCESS - 1. Let's begin by preparing the stuffing for the Chilli by pealing and mashing the boiled potatoes finely in a large bowl.
2. Add all the spices in them along with chopped Onions and Chillies, giving all of them a good mix. Keep it aside for using later.
3. Now add the Gram flour & Rice flour in a large bowl. Mix Asafoetida, Cumin Seeds, Salt, Turmeric Powder & a pinch of Baking Soda in the same.
4. Keep adding water in the mixture to make it a smooth batter of running consistency.
5. Now slit all the long green chillies very carefully starting from the top to the bottom, ensuring it doesn't break and the seeds are removed.
6. Next, using a spoon fill the batter into the chili and repeat this process for all the remaining ones.
7. Simultaneously, heat oil in a thick bottomed pan on medium flame. Add some cumin seeds and Asafoetida when it's hot and saute it.
8. Coat each stuffed green chili with the Gram Flour batter and fry it in the oil until it turns slightly golden brown in colour and crispy on the edges. 9. Serve hot with Coriander chutney on the side.