Spinach Sabudana Vada
With monsoons approaching, there is no better snack than Sabudana Vada to savour the change in weather along with a cup of masala tea. It's been a favorite with the family and so happy to now have a husband who loves this snack as much as I do! I gave it a little twist and added Spinach too, giving it a beautiful color as well as making it a tad bit healthy! Do give this recipe a try, you shall definitely thank me later :)
INGREDIENTS: 1 ½ cups Spinach, finely chopped
1 cup Sabudana / Tapioca
¼ cup Peanuts
4 Large Potatoes, Boiled 2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
4 Green chillies, finely chopped
2 tbsp Coriander, finely chopped 1 tsp Coriander powder 1 tsp Chaat masala
Salt - As per taste
Sunflower Oil - For frying 1 tsp corn flour, if needed
SERVINGS: 4 People
1. Soak the Sabudana/Tapioca overnight in water or for minimum 4 hours.
2. Now take a large bowl and mash the boiled potatoes evenly. Meanwhile, strain the water from the soaked Sabudana and let it dry completely.
3. Now add the soaked Sabudana in the bowl of mashed potatoes. Also throw in the cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, cumin seeds, chopped green chillis, roasted peanuts, and chopped Coriander to the bowl and toss it well to blend.
4. Now add the finely chopped Spinach to the bowl and make a firm dough of the batter. Also, add 1 tsp corn flour if you feel the batter is not firm enough.
5. Make small round balls of the mixture.
6. Meanwhile, heat sunflower oil in a large pan.
7. Slide the Vadas into the oil when it’s hot, and fry it on a medium flame. When one side turns crispy golden brown, toss it over with a slotted spoon. Repeat this until all vadas get an even golden color and crispy texture.
9. Now remove all the vadas on kitchen paper towels to drain off any excess oil.
10. Serve hot with mint dip.