Soya Meatballs with Spaghetti
Amidst the lockdown, I know there are days when it takes mighty courage to even step out of your bed, let alone cook a meal. For when you're looking for a no fuss, delicious and easy dinner - look no further and go for this dish.
INGREDIENTS: MARINARA SAUCE 2 Capsicum, chopped 2 medium sized Onions, finely chopped 5 medium sized Tomatoes, pureed 2 tsp Lemon Juice 1 tbsp Olive oil 1 tsp Black Pepper 1 tsp Oregano 1 tsp Kosher salt 4 Garlic cloves, minced SOYA MEATBALLS 1 cup Soya granules, boiled 1 Onion, finely chopped 1 Green chilli, finely chopped 4 Garlic cloves, chopped 1 tsp Ginger, chopped 3/4 cup Gram flour oil for frying 1 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Black pepper 1 tsp Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp Garam Masala 1/2 tsp Kasoori methi SPAGHETTI 100 gms whole wheat Spaghetti SERVINGS: 4 People PROCESS: 1. Boil the spaghetti in hot water, with a pinch of salt and olive oil. Drain the water and keep them aside for later use.
2. Rinse and boil the Soya granules in hot water. Let them cool for a bit when they turn tender.
3. In a medium pan, heat some oil and sauté the onions for 3 minutes. Add the chopped green chilli, ginger along with minced garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Add this sauteed mixture to the boiled soya granules together with the gram flour & spices. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Use your hands to thoroughly mix everything. Then form about 12-14 meatballs.
6. Heat some oil over medium heat and gently deep fry the meat balls for about 4 minutes until they are golden and crispy brown on medium flame.
7. Now let's proceed to making the marinara sauce by taking a thick bottomed pan & heating the olive oil over medium heat.
8. Sauté the onions for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and the chopped Capsicum. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
9. Then stir in the Tomato puree and allow to evaporate. Add lemon juice and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Throw in the boiled Spaghetti in the sauce and mix well for a few minutes on low flame before serving.
10. Top the saucy spaghetti with the soya meatballs and sprinkle some Oregano and fresh basil leaves.