Rajma Galauti Kebab
This vegetarian version of the quitessential Galauti kebab is something you should bookmark for your next cheat meal. One bite and you're genuinely going to switch your dietary preferences to vegetarian! Take my word :)
INGREDIENTS: 1 cup kidney beans 3 cups water 2 medium sized potatoes, boiled 2 large onions, sliced
5 green chillies, chopped 10 cashews 8 garlic cloves, minced 1 tsp chaat masala 1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chilli powder 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp salt 1 tbsp gram flour 1/4 cup coriander, chopped Oil, for frying
SERVINGS: 6 PROCESS: 1. Soak the rajma in 3 cups of water and 1/2 tsp salt overnight or minimum 8 hours. Pressure cooker them with some water for 4-5 whistles or until they are soft. Drain the excess water.
2. Next, soak the cashews in warm water for few minutes and later blend them in a food processor.
3. Now take a thick bottomed pan and coat its bottom with oil. Heat the pan on medium flame and throw in the sliced onions when the oil is hot. Keep stirring it, and sprinkle some salt over it 10 minutes later, and a little water if needed, to help the onions from drying out while they are being cooked. Continue to cook and scrap on medium low flame for few minutes more until the onions are rich brown in color.
4. Next, grind the boiled rajma, boiled potatoes, caramelized onions, coriander, chopped green chillies, garlic cloves and cashews in a food processor until you get a coarse paste.
5. Now, throw in the spices in the paste along with 1 tbsp gram flour. Knead it into a dough using your hands gently, making sure all spices are combined well.
6. Grease your hands with oil and make small circular discs from the entire batter.
7. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and fry the galautis on both sides until they turn golden brown and crisp.
8. Transfer them to a tissue to drain extra oil. Garnish with onions, chopped coriander and serve hot with mint chutney or red chutney.