Orange Cinnamon Iced Tea
Just in time for summers, we find our quintessential chai turning into iced tea to nurse the soaring body temperature. It is extremely easy to make, and tastes so good with a citrus fruit infusion. With the countrywide lockdown at the moment, I often crave this simple Iced tea which was my go to thing to order at any cafe. You can make a small batch of this in the morning which can easily last through a hot summer day!
INGREDIENTS : 2 large Oranges 2 tsp Tea 2 cups of water 1 cinnamon stick 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder 3 tbsp honey/maple syrup SERVINGS : 2 People PROCESS: 1. Start by peeling the Oranges and squeeze the fresh juice out of it. Keep it aside for later use.
2. Next, proceed by boiling the water in a thick bottomed pan on high flame. Upon one good boil, throw in the tea, cinnamon powder, cinnamon stick, discarded orange peel from the oranges in the first step.
3. Continue stirring it for few minutes to let the flavours infuse in the water, on medium heat. 4. Turn off the flame and strain the infused water into a jar. Let it cool completely.
5. Add the honey as well as Orange juice from the first step to the cooled infused water. Stir it well.
6. Now, refrigerate the tea for few hours to make it chilled.
7. Transfer it to a chilled glass with an ice cube and serve. Garnish with fresh orange slices or fresh mint leaves. NOTES: You can cut down the honey by a tbsp, but I prefer it sweet hence added a little extra honey, which is also not very harmful to the body!