Mushroom, Garlic and Cashew Soup
A lot of you like to curl up in the bed, and sip a warm soup while you binge watch a sitcom or a movie. I for once, fall into this category for sure and hence the dire need to experiment with interesting condiments of soups crops up in my kitchen very often. I personally love Mushrooms in any form, and a lot of you already know that. I whipped a very delicious (and easy) soup using Mushrooms last week and here is the recipe for you all.
INGREDIENTS - 250 gms Mushrooms 4 pieces Garlic 1 1/2 tbsp Cashews, crushed
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
2 1/2 cup Water
1 1/2 cup Milk
2 tsp Corn Flour 1 tbsp Butter, salted
1. Chop the Cashews, Mushrooms and Garlic into small pieces separately, using a chopper.
2. Light a thick bottomed pan on low flame and put Butter in it. Add minced Garlic in it and saute it for 1 min.
3. Add chopped Cashews in it and continue to mix it for another minute, ensuring they don't turn brown and the flame is low during this process.
4. Next, add finely chopped Mushroom into the pan and stir it continuously for 5-8 mins on low flame until you smell the aroma of the 3 ingredients.
5. Further, add water in the pan and bring it to boil on high flame and later let it simmer for 8 minutes on medium flame.
6. Now, add the milk in another pan and bring it to boil on high flame.
7. Add this boiling milk to the other pan with all cooked ingredients. Also, mix the diluted Corn flour now into the pan.
8. Simmer it on high flame for 10 minutes.
9. Add salt and black pepper to the soup now, and continue to stir it for another minute.
10. You shall notice a semi thick soup consistency of the soup now. Turn the flame off and transfer the soup to serving bowls.
11. Garnish it with sauteed mushrooms or chopped cashews and serve hot.