Jamun and Mango Popsicles
The soaring temperature and the extreme humidity these days makes me miss nothing except the ice popsicles we used to have in childhood. This week, I thought of treating myself and the family with some homemade ice popsicles made of 100% organic fruits! I prefer using aluminium moulds since the popsicle sets better. Here's the link in case you'd like to purchase one!
INGREDIENTS - 500 gms Jamun 3-4 tbsp honey 1/2 cup dahi 1 cup Mango puree
MAKES - 8 popsicles PROCESS - 1. Wash the Jamun properly and deseed them.
2. Throw them in a bowl of a blender, along with 1/2 cup of dahi.
3. Add the honey, which you can adjust basis the sweetness of Jamun. Blend it well.
4. Pour the mango puree at the bottom of each mould, add the ice cream stick and close each mould. Freeze it for 3-4 hours.
5. Now pour the Jamun mixture over it until each mould is filled till the brim.
5. Refrigerate them overnight or atleast 8-10 hours.
6. Serve immediately.