Healthy Beetroot Burger Patty
Starting off healthy habits can be a daunting task. I have made an honest attempt to eat clean, healthy and seasonal produce for 21 days and might as well inspire some of you reading this on my journey. The day 1 began with this delicious Beetroot party that we prepared from scratched and used it to make a vegetarian Burger for lunch. Here's the recipe in case you'd like to give this a try!
1 Beetroot, large
6 Garlic Cloves
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Coriander, chopped
1 Potato, boiled and mashed
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
3/4 cup Suji
1/2 cup Quinoa, boiled
1/4 tsp Rasberry red food color (optional)
SERVINGS - 7-8 Patties
1. Start by peeling and then finely grating the Beetroot and Carrot. Next, chop the Onion and Garlic as finely as possible. Remember you don't want pieces of any in your mouth when you dig into the party!
2. Now add oil in a thick bottomed pan and throw in the chopped Garlic and Onion. Sautee them for 2 mins on medium flame and later add the chopped Carrot and Beetroot after squeezing the water from them using hands.
3. Cook this for 2-5 minutes on low flame and turn off the flame to let it cool. Alongside, take a fresh pan and roast the Suji until it turns golden brown in color. Take more than half of that quantity and mix it in boiling water, while keep mixing it to ensure no lumps are formed. Dry all the water on as low heat as possible and let it cool, too.
4. Now throw in the boiled & mashed potato, food color which is optional, boiled Quinoa in the sauteed veggies which have been cooled down now. Season them with salt and pepper as per your taste. Garnish them with the chopped Coriander and the leftover roasted suji and mix all these ingredients together with hands.
5. Make circular shaped patties out of this batter by oiling your hands well first. Later, refrigerate them for 20 minutes to ensure they stay firm and don't fall apart.
6. Now take a thick bottomed pan and heat some oil in it. Stir fry these patties one by one in this oil on low flame until they are crispy in texture and perfectly cooked on both sides!
7. Place them between a toasted burger bun, along with some veggies, mayonnaise and serve immediately!