Eggless Apple Pie
Last stock of Apples put to good use this morning with this delicious Apple Pie. Days when you're slightly bored of Chocolate, you can easily count on this dish to nurse your sugar cravings.
PIE CRUST 350 gms All purpose flour
1 ½ tbsp sugar, powdered
225 gms Salted Butter, cubed and chilled
1½ tbsp water, chilled
APPLE PIE 2 tbsp salted Butter, cubed and chilled
5 Apples, diced
2 sticks of Cinnamon
120 gms sugar, powdered
1 tbsp. Corn Flour
½ tsp Lemon juice
1. Take a large bowl and mix the flour and sugar together. Whisk it well.
2. Transfer the mixture to a counter and add butter cubes in it by digging a hole in the centre. Knead this batter together using chilled water.
3. Now divide the dough into 2 parts and shape it into a disc. Cover each of them with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
4. Sprinkle some flour on the counter and roll one half of the dough with a rolling pin into a circular shape. Once the dough is rolled properly, transfer it to a pie dish.
5. Trim off the excess dough and poke the centre and the edges lightly with a fork. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
1. Take a thick bottomed pan and melt the butter in it on medium flame. Add the diced Apples, Cinnamon stick, powdered sugar and mix it well for 5-6 minutes.
2. While stirring, ensure all Apples have a decent coating of sugar on each.
3. Drain the excess Apple juice separately in a bowl.
4. Drizzle corn flour in the pan to ensure all excess juices are evaporated.
5. Next, take a pan and boil the excess Apple juice for a few minutes and drizzle it on the caramelized Apples, stirring it well.
6. Let the caramelized Apples cool off and keep them aside for use later.
7. Prick the pie crust base and the edges with a fork. Bake it in a preheated oven for 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
8. Roll out the chilled pie dough into thin strips.
9. Transfer the apples into the crust and spread them evenly. Top them with the thin pie strips.
10. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50 minutes until the top turns slightly golden brown in color.
11. Drizzle it with some honey and serve hot!