Crispy Paneer Popcorn
Monsoons are here, and so is the untimely demand of snacks and tea at home! One little downpour, and you're tempted to indulge in some savory treats to pamper your mood, isn't it? Well, I tried this interesting dish Paneer Popcorn instead of the usual Pakoras we're all so used to having. It's fairly easy, super delicious and a fresh change of snacks for this season! Do give it a try :)
400 gms cottage cheese or Paneer, cubed 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 1 tsp red chilli powder 1 tsp garam masala Salt, as per taste 1 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano 1 tsp ginger garlic paste 1/4 cup corn flour 1/4 cup all purpose flour water 2 cups crushed corn flakes or bread crumbs
Oil, for deep frying
1. Slice the Paneer evenly into cubes
2. Now take a bowl and add the all purpose flour and corn flour. Throw in all the dried spices along with the ginger garlic paste and very little water. Ensure that the consistency of the batter is neither runny nor too thick. 3. Now add the paneer cubes gently with hands, ensuring all of them are evenly coated with the marination.
4. Quickly transfer the marinated cubes into a plate of crushed corn flakes, one by one. Roll it in the mixture and coat it well with the crushed corn flakes. 4. Now freeze these paneer cubes for around 30 to 40 minutes. 5. Take a thick bottomed pan and heat oil in it. Throw in the paneer cubes one by one, and deep fry them until they are crispy and golden brown in color.
6. Transfer them to a plate and dab the extra oil using a tissue.
7. Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.