Beetroot Sabudana Fritters
My absolute favorite time of the year is here! While Navratri for many is a time of missing out on their meats & proteins, I certainly love this time of festivities majorly because of the delicious food we cook and eat at home. Sabudana, for once has been my favorite ever since we used to see mom cooking such interesting dishes using this ingredient. Suffice to say, the first day of this year's Navratri had to be Sabudana Fritters - but with a healthy twist of Beetroot!
INGREDIENTS - 4 medium sized Potatoes, boiled
1 Beetroot, chopped
1 cup Sabudana, soaked
Rock Salt, to taste
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Green Chilli
1 tbsp Coriander, chopped 1 tsp Chaat Masala 1 tbsp Buckwheat flour Oil, for frying PROCESS - 1. Soak the Sabudana in water overnight, or for 4-5 hours. Later, drain the water and keep it aside for further use.
2. Next, boil the Potatoes and later peel and mash them finely.
3. Blanch the chopped Beetroot in boiling water and make a puree of it. (I prefer using a hand blender for the consistency)
4. Add all the ingredients to the drained Sabudana and mix it well with all the spices & Buckwheat flour.
5. Make small balls out of this batter, while you heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan on medium flame.
6. Deep fry the fritters until they become crispy in texture.
7. Lay them on a tissue to drain excess oil and serve hot with Coriander Chutney on the side.